Extended Visiting Artist Program
Extended Visiting Artist
Candidates complete the Extended Visiting Artist Application and submit the required information for review by the gallery managing members.
Selection of candidates is based on the following criteria:
- Must be a local artist (within a 50 mile radius)
- Medium fits type of medium sought
- Range of product and quality of work
- Price range
- Ability to complement the culture of the gallery
- Complete a 3 month trial period for final acceptance.
Artists work is displayed and sold at the gallery on a space available basis for a period of time to be determined by the gallery members. Artists must agree to and sign the Artists Consignment Agreement. The program director will provide a copy of this agreement upon acceptance of the artist. Key provisions of the agreement include, but are not limited to:
- Termination of agreement by either party with prior notification
- 40% commission paid to the gallery, including commission work resulting from gallery customers
- $25 monthly dues for your space
- Gallery does not assume liability for loss of artwork (i.e., breakage, theft, etc.)
To effectively represent our artists we have established the following procedures:
- Artist provides adequate inventory upon request by the program director
- Delivery time of replacement inventory to gallery must be arranged in advance
- Price changes are to be kept to a minimum and approved by the program director
- The number of categories of prices should be kept to a minimum
- Additional art of a variety or medium not initially approved by the gallery must be submitted for evaluation and approval
- The gallery has the right to reject or accept additional pieces based on the quality of workmanship, subject matter, and price point despite acceptance of other pieces into the gallery.