5/8/19 - 5/29/19 1pm-5pm Chainmaille: Mastering the Basics with Heather Rivera
This is an in-depth, four week course that provides a thorough foundation in the timeless art of chainmaille. Absolutely no experience is necessary to succeed in this course!
In this course, you will:
- Learn about jump rings, tools, metals, aspect ratio and basic techniques.
- Construct seven different types of chain with multiple variations of each.
- Practice One-Ring-At-A-Time (ORAAT) Weaving and Speedweaving
- Follow detailed, step-by-step instructions to create twelve original designs using only the simplest of weaves
This course will prepare you to take on more complex weaves, but those weaves are not included in this course.
- 4 pairs of earrings
- 1 ankle bracelet
- 1 keychain
- 1 ring
- 1 bracelet
- 1 necklace
- 1 lariat necklace
- 1 hath panja
- 1 barefoot sandal
You will need:
- Project materials kit (included with the cost of enrollment)
- Tools (you are welcome to use the class tools provided or to bring your own)
- Chain nose pliers (two pairs)
- Ring mandrel
- Bead mat
- Tape measure
- The desire to become a proficient chainmailler and have fun while doing it!
Minimum enrollment: 4 (the course will be canceled if this is not met)
Maximum enrollment: 8
Sign up online, in person at the gallery, or by calling the gallery at 239.540.5789. Heather will contact you personally after you enroll to give you more details!