3/6 - 3/7 9:30am-4:30pm/10am-1pm Crash Glass Plaques with Taren Saccoman
This is a beginning mosaic two day project class; no prior experience is necessary! . Crash glass is a product that makes a great background and can be used to create many different effects.
The student will leave on the second day of class with a beautiful set of two mosaic crash glass plaques. Day 1 will be 7-8 hours; Day 2 will be 2-3 hours, depending upon design complexity.
In this course:
- We will discuss terms, types of materials that can be used in interior and exterior applications, tools, adhesives and grout materials.
- We will spend the first day discussing the basics and then designing and creating the mosaic piece.
- The adhesive will need to dry over night and then we will grout and finish the piece the second day.
See the attached example photos of 3 leaves and one single all white flower. We will be using stained glass and other glass tesserae. You will leave knowing the basics and have the confidence to try another project on your own.
You will need:
- Project materials kit (provided by the instructor)
- We will break a sheet of crash glass together to be used as background.
- You are welcome to use the class tools or bring your own. There will be a limited number of tools for sale as well.
- Leponit wheeled nippers
- Running pliers
- Glass scorer
- Please bring your own safety glasses, and a larger empty container like an ice cream bucket and a smaller empty container like a quart yogurt container.
- Wear comfortable clothes that can get glue or grout on them or an apron works well.
- Latex gloves will be provided for grouting.
Enrollment fee: $75
Materials fee: $60
Minimum enrollment: 4 (the course will be canceled if this is not met)
Maximum enrollment: 12
Wednesday, March 6 9:30am-4:30pm and Thursday, March 7 10am-1pm
Sign up online, in person at the gallery, or by calling the gallery at 239.540.5789.