3/23 10am - 2pm Watercolor Made Easy IV: Outside the Traditional Watercolor Box with Shirley Hales
This workshop covers two different methods of working in watercolor - Ink and watercolor; and Limited Palette of colors. Students will select one of these methods to produce a painting during the workshop after some lecture/instructional time is spent discussing the concept of value and technique of color layering. Prior watercolor experience is helpful.
Length: 4 Hour Watercolor Class
In this class, you will:
- Produce either an ink and watercolor or limited watercolor palette painting
- Learn the technique of layering washes
- Master the concept of "value" in painting
- Understand the importance of good drawing skills
Enrollment includes several small sheets of watercolor paper; watercolor brushes (to be returned to the instructor at the end of the class); watercolor paints; ink pens; water/container; paper towels; disposable paint palette.
- Drawing experience
- Watercolor Made Easy: Getting Started or other beginner class
- Students may bring a snack or lunch and beverage
Minimum Enrollment: 5 (the class will be canceled if this number is not met)
Maximum Enrollment: 10
Saturday, March 23, 2019 10am - 2pm
Sign up online, in person at the gallery, or by calling the gallery at 239.540.5789.