2/26 9:30am - 3pm Drawing Foundation Workshop: Still Life Bowls and Vessels with Francesco Gillia
This is a beginner drawing class. Absolutely no experience is necessary!
Intermediate students will also benefit form this workshop. Francesco’s one on one assistance and feedback ensure beginner students understanding and advanced and returning students engaged and challenged.
Course Length: 6 Hour Workshop
Enrollment fee: $95
Materials fee: $40
Supplies/Materials: (provided by the instructor and paid for at the time of enrollment)
- Charcoal pencils 2B and 4B
- Compressed charcoal stick
- White plastic eraser
- Kneaded eraser
- Loew-Cornell Sandpaper Block
- 18" x 24" 100 sheets News Print block
- Blending stumps, assorted sizes
- Paper towels
In this course, you will:
- Learn about different types of materials used and proper way to use them.
- Learn a sensitive line, understand the concept of shape vs. form, theory of light, how to distinguish and recreate cast, core shadows and reflected lights.
- Learn about concepts like light source, radiation point, vanishing point, one point and two and three point perspective
- By working with these simple forms, you will begin to build the skills needed for dealing with more complex subjects such as portraits and the human body.
None! This is a beginner class.
Minimum Enrollment: 5 (the class will be canceled if this number is not met)
Maximum Enrollment: 12
Tuesday, February 26, 2019 9:30am - 3pm (lunch break 12:30pm to 1pm)
Sign up online, in person at the gallery, or by calling the gallery at 239.540.5789.
Available Dates (9:30am-3pm):