2/16 9:30am - 1:30pm Beginner Pastel Painting with Sally Schmett
So what really are pastels? Pastels are an artistic medium that come in stick form and contain pure powdered pigment as well as a binder.
There are two types: soft pastels and oil pastels. We will be using soft pastels because they’re easier to clean and you can blend them easily with your finger tips. Beware however: They do produce dust!
Length: 4 Hour Single Painting Class
Enrollment fee: $90
Materials fee: $40
Supplies/Materials: (provided by the instructor, the student will keep them)
- Soft Chalk Pastels --24 Count
- Pastel Pencils --12 count
- Sanded Pastel Paper (600 grit)
- Foam Board
This Soft Pastel Painting Class builds on the basics of pastel painting by giving the student more experience in pastel applications. The student will be guided step-by-step in the use of techniques in pastel art. Demonstrations and individual instruction will be given. It is recommended that the Basic Pastel Course be taken first.
- Continue to learn how to create a painting by building up layers
- Build on the practice of on the side and on point of drawing with a pastel
- Practice the technique of blending
- Create a finished waterscape or landscape using the pastel medium
- Basic Pastel Course, or equivalent experience
- Project materials are included
- Wear comfortable clothes that might be covered in colored chalk dust
This course is for Adults
Minimum Enrollment: 3 (the class will be canceled if this number is not met)
Maximum Enrollment: 6
Saturday February 16, 2019 9:30 am - 1:30 pm
Sign up online, in person at the gallery, or by calling the gallery at 239.540.5789. Sally will contact you personally after you enroll to give you more details!