11/27 6pm - 8pm Sip & Paint Printing Christmas Cards with Linoleum Blocks with Pat Johnson & Sally Schmett
Our new upstairs studio is a fresh space where students (adults only) can enjoy an evening of creativity and a glass of wine. Water will also be available.
Length: 2 Hour Sip & Paint Class
Supplies/Materials: (provided by Pat & Sally)
- The students will receive:
- 10 blank cards
- 4"x6" linoleum block
- Materials supplied for use:
- Christmas designs for transfer
- Cutting tools
- Paint & roller
Linocut is a printmaking technique, where a sheet of linoleum is mounted on a wooden block. A design is cut into the linoleum surface with a cutting tool. The raised or uncarved areas represent a reversal (mirror image) of the parts to show printed. The linoleum sheet is rolled and then pressed on to paper. By rolling color on the uncut portions an image is produced. No experience is necessary.
- Learn how to transfer designs
- Learn the technique of controlled cutting
- Learn how to "ink up" and print
- Create 10 Christmas cards with various designs
- Project materials are included
- Wear comfortable clothes
- Be ready to have fun!
Minimum Enrollment: 8 (the class will be canceled if this number is not met)
Maximum Enrollment: 20
Tuesday, November 27, 2018 6pm - 8pm
Sign up online, in person at the gallery, or by calling the gallery at 239.540.5789.