1/26 10am - 2pm Watercolor Made Easy II: Beyond Beginner with Shirley Hales
This workshop builds on the beginner class and is designed for students who feel they have mastered a basic understanding of color mixing, use of various types of brushes and who have some experience with drawing. This session will concentrate on the importance of perspective, light and shadows, and the principles of design and composition. Several examples will be shown that demonstrate the effective use of these concepts and students will complete a still life painting utilizing these techniques.
Length: 4 Hour Watercolor Class
In this class, you will:
- Receive an introduction of the importance of perspective
- Learn to effectively use light to produce shadows and reflections
- Learn the principles of design and composition and the role of "value"
- Produce a compositionally balanced 11x14 watercolor still life painting with interesting shadows and reflections
Enrollment includes an 11x14 sheet of watercolor paper; watercolor brushes (to be returned to the instructor at the end of the class); watercolor paints; pencil for sketching; water/container; paper towels; disposable paint palette.
- Drawing experience
- Watercolor Made Easy: Getting Started or other beginner class
- Students may bring a snack or lunch and beverage
Minimum Enrollment: 5 (the class will be canceled if this number is not met)
Maximum Enrollment: 10
Saturday, January 26, 2019 10am - 2pm
Sign up online, in person at the gallery, or by calling the gallery at 239.540.5789.