1/22 - 1/23 9:30am-4:30pm/10am-1pm Mosaic Address Sign with Taren Saccoman
This is a beginning mosaic two day project class; no prior experience is necessary!
The student will leave on the second day of class with a beautiful mosaic address sign. Day 1 will be 7-8 hours; Day 2 will be 2-3 hours, depending upon design complexity.
In this course:
- We will discuss terms, types of materials that can be used in interior and exterior applications, tools, adhesives and grout materials.
- We will spend the first day discussing the basics and then designing and creating the mosaic piece.
- The adhesive will need to dry over night and then we will grout and finish the piece the second day.
Think a little ahead of time about the address numbers that you will be using and maybe the font style. See the attached photo of an example address sign with a simple floral pattern. If you have special tiles or found objects that you would like to incorporate into the project please bring them. We will be using stained glass and other glass tesserae. You will leave knowing the basics and have the confidence to try another project on your own. Be prepared to become addicted as this is an addictive hobby:}
You will need:
- Project materials kit (included with the cost of enrollment)
- You are welcome to use the class tools or bring your own. There will be a limited number of tools for sale as well.
- Leponit wheeled nippers
- Running pliers
- Glass scorer
- Please bring your own safety glasses, and a larger empty container like an ice cream bucket and a smaller empty container like a quart yogurt container.
- Wear comfortable clothes that can get glue or grout on them or an apron works well.
- Latex gloves will be provided for grouting.
- This class will be a prerequisite to the garden project class.
Enrollment fee: $75
Materials fee: $60
Minimum enrollment: 4 (the course will be canceled if this is not met)
Maximum enrollment: 12
Tuesday, January 22 9:30am-4:30pm and Wednesday, January 23 10am-1pm
Sign up online, in person at the gallery, or by calling the gallery at 239.540.5789.