1/7 2pm-5pm Barrel Weave Bracelet with Bev Fox
This is a project class; the student will leave with a beautiful sterling silver bracelet. If the bracelet is not finished when the class is finished, the student will understand the weave enough to finish at home.
In this course, you will:
- Learn an overview of metals
- Learn to prepare jump rings for weaving (open & close)
- Learn to weave the unique barrel weave chainmaille pattern
- Learn about metals, tools, jump rings, clasps and finishing
- Learn how to care for your silver bracelet
You will need:
- Project materials kit (included with the cost of enrollment)
- Tools (you are welcome to use the class tools provided or to bring your own)
- Chain nose pliers (two pairs)
- Bead mat
- A smile!
- Seeing is imperative when weaving chainmaille. Please bring your Optivisor or magnifying glasses. There are also stand alone magnifiers with LED lighting for class use. If you can't see well at a distance of 10", it will be a problem.
There are no prerequisites for this class, but helpful if you have "mastered the basics" with Heather Rivera.
Enrollment fee: $100
Materials fee: $40
Minimum enrollment: 3 (the course will be canceled if this is not met)
Maximum enrollment: 8
Monday, January 7, 2019 2pm-5pm
Sign up online, in person at the gallery, or by calling the gallery at 239.540.5789.